About ALLEGRO ‘Agile ultra low energy secure networks’
ALLEGRO aims at designing and validating a novel end-to-end sliceable, reliable, and secure architecture for next-generation optical networks, achieving high transmission/switching capacity
- with 10 Tb/s for optoelectronic devices and 1 Pbt/s for optical fiber systems
- low power consumption/cost
- with > 25% savings
- and secure infrastructures and data transfers.
The architecture relies on key enabling innovations:
- smart, coherent transceivers exploiting multi-band & multi-fiber technologies for P2P and P2MP applications, based on e.g., high-speed plasmonic modulators/photodetectors and programmable silicon photonic integrated waveguide meshes;
- loss-less, energy-efficient transparent photonic integrated optical switches, eliminating OEO conversions, e.g., with on-chip amplification in the O-band for datacom applications;
- a consistent approach to security, in terms of functional/ protocol architectures and communications, further improving QKD systems, enabling optical channel co-existence and researching on quantum-resistant (post-quantum) cryptography, developing systems based on physically unclonable functions; and
- a scalable AI/ML assisted control and orchestration system, responsible for autonomous networking, dynamic and constrained service provisioning, function placement and resource allocation, leveraging devices increasing programmability and overall network softwarization.
To achieve the target objectives and KPIs, ALLEGRO has defined a clear methodology ending in ambitious demonstrators. The consortium includes a good balance of industry and research/academia with know-how in complementary fields.
The results of ALLEGRO will be disseminated in leading conferences, events, and high-impact journals. They will have a concrete and measurable economic and social impact, contributing towards achieving key European objectives, reinforcing European leadership and digital sovereignty in the ongoing digital and green transition.
Dear Readers, Welcome to the first edition of the ALLEGRO newsletter - ECOC 2023 Special Edition. For the Photonics Community, Autumn holds a special place in the calendar, and this year, it is particularly significant. We are thrilled to announce that ALLEGRO will be...
Date: Tue, 3rd October 2013 Location: HALL 1, SEC Glasgow, Scotland 08:00 Registration 08:30 Welcome by Carol Monaghan MP (UK Parliament) Session 1: OPTICAL MIGRATION IN...
We are thrilled to announce that ALLEGRO is exhibiting on ECOC Exhibition 2023, Glasgow, Scotland (2.-4. October). Looking forward to meeting you at booth #525.
ALLEGRO Consortium Meeting took place online.
Twenty-four leading photonic, quantum and telecom industry players and academic institutions today are announcing the launch of ALLEGRO 'Agile ultra low energy secure networks', an unprecedented research and innovation project, which aims to address the challenges of...